Monday, September 2, 2013

English Tea Set

A love of pretty things is something that has been with me for a long time, even as a 17 year old. In the summer before my senior year of high school, it was my privilege to tour
Europe for a month. The auditioned group I was with, was composed of youth from all over the US. We gave choral and band concerts as we toured.
While in England, I visited china shops and wanted to purchase a tea set. Because there were so many patterns to choose from, I could not make up my mind. The sales lady gave me brochures and said that I could order it later.
After getting home, I chose a tea set, ordered and paid for it. Thus began a wait that would last for two years. Yes, that is right, two years. My family thought that it would never arrive and that my money was lost. While a college student, I went home one weekend and was greeted with this, "you will never believe what came this week!" It was my tea set.
Needless to say it has always been a special treasure and has been on display wherever I have lived. Yes, it has even been used! The pattern is Arcadia by Royal Doulton and I still love the pattern. Presently, it is on a tea table in our living room.


No comments:

Post a Comment