Thursday, December 31, 2015

Playing House on New Year's Eve

     For January, I chose a blue and white theme for the dining room and kitchen.  Transfer ware is one of my loves and collecting it is so much fun.  Most of the plates are by Spode and two are commemorative plates.  Cobalt glass is another love of mine, so I used the few pieces that I have.
     The kitchen table features a few pieces of Wedgwood Potpourri, the casual pattern I chose when I married Wendell Hair in 1989.  I still love it, even after all of these years.
     It is such a joy to pull odds and ends together for tablescapes.  They have been collected from thrift, consignment, and antique stores and bought for a song......cheap is the name of the game.  Some pieces have come from family and are cherished.









No comments:

Post a Comment