Saturday, July 19, 2014

More Weight for the Coffin

What a wonderful surprise when I happened upon these dishes today in a thrift store. It was hard to believe. The pattern is Miramont by Royal Douton, manufactured from 1965-1983. The fruit designs and colors are so pretty. My bargain only cost $2.49 for each dinner plate and $1.99 for each salad plate.
Joking, I love to tell folks that I want to be laid out with a piece from each of my china patterns. Since I should hold a tea cup in my hand, won't I look lovely lying in repose? So, when Fifi mentions the coffin getting heavier, you know what she has been up to.
On the way home, I told David that now I have to find a place to put them. He suggested that I may need to start storing some in the attic and rotate them out. SURE!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment